(Information in this article is subject to change and should never be used to replace any information provided by the Lyft FAQs.)
The welcome kit is a box sent to a new driver after they successfully complete 30 rides and become welcomed into the community. I was surprised when I received my kit that the welcome kit does not contain passenger referral cards. That was the moment I decided to write this article.
What the Welcome Kit Contains:
- 1x Giant pink mustache to attach to the front of your vehicle. (Otherwise known as a trade dress.) [Update: Mustache has been replaced with a “Cuddlestash” stuffed toy mustache that goes on the dashboard. It is trade dress approved.]
- 1x Lyft Sticker (two if you can peel the one off the front of the box…good luck)
- 1x Booklet of ~20 referral cards for more drivers.
- 1x Lyft Bingo card
- 1x 6-ft male-to-male auxiliary cable (think headphone jack)
- 1x USB charger with 2 slots
- 1x Mount for your phone
What the Welcome Kit DOES NOT contain:
What you need before you get the kit:
Completing 30 rides safely with a high rating is impossible without a few items. I recommend that you look at this list of gear before you get started.