Although I prefer to drive for Lyft, Uber will give you a considerable amount of money for just trying them out. They will give you even more money if you are Lyft driver first. Whether you continue to drive for them or you take the money and run is entirely up to you. You can make almost $1000 just trying out Lyft and Uber, in a matter of days.
Here is best path to make the most money:
- Sign up for Lyft first by using this link: http://lyft.com/drivers/justin6286
- Complete the 20 rides in 30 days requirement to receive a signing bonus of $250.*
- Once you achieve the bonus, sign up for Uber second using this link: https://get.uber.com/cl/rideshare/?invite_code=nwgre
- Complete the 25 rides in 30 days requirement to receive a signing bonus of $500 for having signed up as an existing Rideshare driver.*
- Once you are an established driver for both of these services (Uber calls drivers “Partners”), you should learn your referral codes and use them to earn extra cash. Print out business cards and promote Lyft. You get signing bonuses ($10-250*) for referring passengers and drivers from this point forward, which can be great if you work with people who need rides, such as a bartender.
Make sure you harass Lyft and Uber about the bonus money and do not let them avoid paying you. They are running a completely legal promotion and if you complete the criteria then you deserve to be paid. I recommend you print this page and complete the steps.
If you have any trouble along the way, you can contact their support at:
I know you can do it. 🙂
*Some details subject to change based on location and market.